Proudly serving Vonore, TN and surrounding communities
At Vonore Pediatrics we pride ourselves on making patient needs our foremost concern. Our staff’s philosophy revolves around providing the best care while also taking a personal interest in your family’s welfare. Our team of Board Certified providers and friendly, experienced staff will make you and your children feel right at home.
We strive to make all your visits and interactions with our clinic as pleasant, thorough, and efficient as possible. A Board Certified physician is on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and our “sister” clinic in Maryville is open on Saturdays and Sundays.
We would be delighted to welcome you into our family.
Meet Our Providers
Our team is committed to helping your kids stay healthy and reach their full potential. We invite you to get to know our providers and why they enjoy practicing medicine.
Michael W. Bean, M.D.
In high school I kept the church nursery on Sunday nights. When I later began considering a career in medicine, I chose pediatrics without a second thought. What I appreciate the most is the relationships with families and the privilege of watching my young patients mature. Spirited and funny kids make my job a joy. Because I enjoy my daily routine at work and interactions with the children, I have no plans to retire.
- Undergraduate: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Medical School: University of Tennessee , Memphis, Tenn.
- Certifications & Memberships: American Board of Pediatrics, Partner in Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Governor’s Extinguished Service Recognition, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
When not in the office, I enjoy Americana music, good food, being on the lake and time with my wife, children and grandchildren.
Kayla Crye, BSN, MSN. CPNP
I went into medicine to help children and their families live a healthy life and to provide medical care to those in need. I like working with children and being able to help them feel better when they are sick and help them live a healthy life. I also like giving parents a sense of comfort when they come into the clinic with a sick child. I am very passionate about my job and about helping children in the community.
- Undergraduate: Maryville College, Maryville, Tenn.; Emory University, Atlanta, Ga.
- Medical School: Emory University, Atlanta, Ga.
- Certifications & Memberships: Registered Nurse, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Beyond practicing medicine, I love reading, listening to live music, traveling and spending time with my dogs, Benji and Ringo, and my husband. We are expecting our first child, a girl.
Cindy S. Hoover, M.D.
- Undergraduate: Furman University, Greenville, S.C.
- Medical School: University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, S.C.
- Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, Tenn., Pediatrics
- Certifications & Memberships: American Board of Pediatrics; East Tennessee Children’s Hospital medical staff, Partners in Pediatrics
I spend my time away from the clinic with my husband and son. I enjoy warm, sunny days, tulips, dark chocolate,
Jenna McCall, M.D.
My maternal aunt is a geneticist who also did pediatrics, and she inspired me to pursue a career in medicine. I love watching children grow and change and families expand. I cherish the relationships that I have with my patients and their families, and I treat my patients the same way I would my own children. To be in a position to meet the healthcare needs of all children in this area is a privilege.
- Undergraduate: Clemson University, Clemson, S.C.
- Medical School: The Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.
- Residency: The Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C., Pediatrics
- Certifications & Memberships: American Board of Pediatrics, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
Outside of work, I spend my time with my husband, our two children and our Golden Retriever. I enjoy crocheting, exploring new restaurants and new places, shopping (especially for my children’s clothes), being outdoors and making memories at our family’s beach house at Edisto.
Charles A. Raper, M.D.
I credit my family with instilling in me the desire to contribute to the welfare of others. As I progressed through my medical studies and gained more experience, I discovered that pediatrics suited my personality. A Tennessee native, I have had the privilege of following our patients to maturity and serving multiple generations in the same family. I have practiced medicine since 1965 and have been a physician with the U.S. Public Health Service, as well as on a Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona for two years.
- Undergraduate: Carson-Newman University, Jefferson City, Tenn.
- Medical School: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, Tenn.; Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.; St. Jude Children’s Hospital, Memphis, Tenn. (Pediatrics)
- Certifications & Memberships: American Board of Pediatrics, Partners in Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
For more than forty years, I have been passionate about endurance sports, especially marathons and ultra runs of up to one hundred miles. All four of my daughters qualified for the Boston Marathon and beat me! I enjoy hiking in the Smokies, reading, writing, playing classical guitar and quiet times with family and friends with good food.
Heather Snow, N.P.
I originally went into nursing to help others and develop lasting relationships with other people. Working alongside my mentor Dr. Raper sparked an interest in me to continue my education. Now, in my role as a nurse practitioner, I have the opportunity to teach what I have learned and promote health from the start. Children and their parents face a world of rapid change, and I’m in a position to share information and encouragement. Without a doubt my favorite part of my work is interactions with the children. To make a child feel better is a joyful experience!
- Undergraduate: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Medical School: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Certifications & Memberships: Registered Nurse, Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Certified Lactation Specialist
When I’m not at the clinic, I spend time with my husband and our two children who are involved with 4H and FFA and play several sports. I also love to work on our small farm, scrapbook, cook and hang out with my weenie dog.
Mark D. Watkins, M.D.
Even as a young child, I knew I wanted to do something to help people. Science, and eventually the field of medicine, seemed like the best way to do that. I spent ten years in the Army as a medical doctor and reached the rank of major before entering private practice. I most enjoy the smiles and hugs I get from my young patients. I feel so blessed by God who has enabled me to help so many young people get a good, healthy start in their lives. Being a pediatrician is by far the most satisfying thing I have ever done. My profession is very busy but very satisfying.
- Undergraduate: The University of Tampa, Fla.
- Medical School: University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Fla.
- Residency: Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colo.
- Certifications & Memberships: East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff, American Board of Pediatrics, Partners in Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Outside of work, my family is my highest priority. I spend a great deal of time with my wife, our six children and two grandchildren. I love to read books, go to the movies with my wife and play any sort of game.
Heather S. Wight, M.D.
I became a doctor to make a difference in people’s lives. I aspire to help make people healthier and strive to have good communication and relationships with all my patients and their families.
- Undergraduate: University of South Florida, Tampa, Fla.
- Medical School:University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Fla.
- Residency: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas (Pediatrics)
- Certifications & Memberships: Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics, Partners in Pediatrics, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
When I’m not interacting with patients, I enjoy traveling, exercising, spending time with my children and husband and walking my dog.